Solais Lighting was founded in 2008 in Bridgeport, Connecticut with a small team of lighting professionals; three to be exact!
- Solais closes on Series A funding, utilizing the capital to expand staff, product and technology development, marketing, sales and brand-building initiatives.
- Solais goes social and launches its social networking sites on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
Making a Splash
- Solais announced the launch of the industry’s highest-lumen LR38 PAR38 LED lamp replacement.
- Solais began getting exposure in industry-leading publications like tED magazine, Architectural SSL, LEDs Magazine, The Boston Globe, Electronic House, Electrical News, PC Mag, Chain Store Age and LD+A.
- Solais began to make a splash developing a notable client list, including the Smithsonian American Art Museum!
- Solais Lighting Marketing Campaign was recognized as “Best of the Best” by tED Magazine
Broadening Horizons Beyond Lamps
- Solais announces the introduction of its cutting-edge “LRP” and “LBR” families of Passively-Cooled LED Lamps – The industry’s first LED lamps to truly match both the aesthetics and performance of PAR and BR incandescent sources
- Solais launches its elite “X24 Series” of LED lamps and fixtures to include the XL24 lamp and Xi24 trackhead.
- Solais is acquired by PowerSecure International forging its path towards becoming part of a group by the name of PowerSecure Lighting (Solais, EfficientLights, EnergyLite, and I.E.S. Lighting)
- Solais takes its show on the road, meeting with industry-leading professionals at LightFair 2013
- This is the year Solais charts the path of expanding interior retail product offering, to include:
- Track product retooling
- The start of recessed multiple family development
- Efforts into I.C. rated downlights
- The shut down of our EfficientLights facility
Steps for Success
- PowerSecure Lighting grows 5k sq. ft. facility to 22k sq. ft.
- Recessed multiple family launched
- Builds a marketing platform
- New Website
- Launching of print campaigns
- Builds a tradeshow booth
- Builds a sales force
- EnergyLite production taken to Asia
- EfficientLights products re-tooled and designed by Solais team, leading to big wins!
Solais Continues to Grow
- Branding transition to PowerSecure Lighting complete
- Xd trackhead product family launched with thermals and electronics greatly improved from the Xi family.
- Xm module family based on Xd trackheads launched
- New construction modular recessed downlight family launched.
- VioLight™ launched
- LR38 VNSP – 4° very narrow spot lamp launched
- EnergyLite billboard and SecureLite light redesign
- Three PowerSecure Lighting products cited for Innovation Awards at LIGHTFAIR International 2015
Ongoing Expansion and Improvements
- PowerSecure was acquired by Southern Company
- Consolidated engineering and inventory into Stamford, CT
- Doubled size of Stamford, CT office to 42K sq. ft.
- COB optic for Xd trackhead and Xm module families launched
- Wall Wash fixture family launched.
- Converted product lines from ETL to UL.
- Moved final assembly and EnergyLite line to Stamford, CT office.
- We begin development of exterior product lines while expanding engineering.
- Rebrand of PowerSecure Lighting and the divisions within.
- EnergyLite exterior soft launch of HawkLite roadways fixture family.
- Announced company move to Frisco, TX
- Solais brand launched modular cylinder family
- Solais brand launched pull-down recessed multiple family
- Solais launched the first of many competitor retrofit families
Big Moves to Support our Future
- Broke ground and fully executed the move of company to Frisco, TX.
- EnergyLite fully launches HawkLite™ roadway lighting family.
- EnergyLite launches GridLite site + area lighting product family.
- EnergyLite launches BroadLite flood lighting product family.
- Continue to design retrofit products for others, utilizing our current Xm family
Expanding Product and Presence
- Hosted several training events for reps and clients.
- Hosted a grand opening celebration in our new Frisco, TX location, featuring a state-of-the-art Showroom exhibiting both interior and exterior product lines.
- Added a Knife Edge Cove system and flat panels to our expanding product line.
- Launched a 0-10V dimming solution for our interior product family
- Re-branded from PowerSecure Lighting to Solais Lighting Group; to include Solais and EnergyLite as out interior and exterior product brands.
COVID Can't Hold Us Back!
- Solais officially launches Stretta, 3″ high-end architectural downlights.
- Solais launches LUCIE™ – a new line of best-in-class, contemporary trackheads.
Still to come in 2020
- EnergyLite to launch an addition of the GridLite product family, a Wall Pack fixture family.
- Solais to launch an addition to the Stretta downlight product line, a shallow and fixed product family.
- EnergyLite to launch the SecureLite3; Solais Lighting Group’s first product to be made 100% in the U.S.A.!